Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fantasy to Reality TV

When I was overweight, I spent alot of time lusting after before and after stories from people who had successfully lost weight.  I would imagine what it would be like to be that person standing in one leg of her oversized old pants.  I would imagine what it might feel like to be that fit person they had now become imagining all the exciting things that you'd be able to do, that maybe you never thought possible.

But for a long time it lived as a fantasy in my mind, part of me thinking I wish it would happen to me but I just don't think it's going to. 

Then one day I woke up and enough was enough and took a step and followed it through with another step until I'd walked an entire set of stairs and beyond.

Then last Thursday I lived my fantasy, I was that girl standing there in pants, that many people might think are fake, but all the people who know me, know are really my old pants that I did infact fit into.  And there I sat talking on the TV.

Watching it I reflect and re-live all the amazing achievements I've made over the past 23 months (yep I'm one month off my two year anniversary).  Snow skiing, City 2 Surf, Fun runs, Rock climbing, Weight lifting, and even a Triathlon, this once overweight girl who almost gave up on life, now rides a bike to work.... even in my wildest dreams I think I've exceeded more expectations than I ever thought possible!

If you missed the episode you can see the video here :

To feel that your own life is worth living and a joy to live is worth so much and I wish that for anyone who feels it's all to hard to get started. It is possible, start with one step and you may be surprised but so grateful to find yourself at the top of a mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment