Friday, January 28, 2011

Full Circle

One Year ago on Australia Day I took my first steps into the "Fun Run" arena.  I didn't go in lightly either despite there being a 3.2km option I decided to 'go hard or go home' and went with the 8.2km option.

For anyone who has never visited Menai, here's the thing about it... it's hilly as all *&^#!! :D

Last year when I attempted the run, I was a good 20kg's heavier than I am today.  I was proud to say I finished last year, but I certainly didn't break any records, in fact I buckled into walking on the first hill, not even 2km's in! But finish I did and despite finishing so far to the back of the pack they'd run out of certificates by the time I came in.... finish I did, with family there to cheer me across the finish line.  

This year whilst there was no-one other than strangers to clap me across the line, I did finish in time to receive a certificate and a cool looking drink bottle too! :D In fact, I'm happy to report I cut 13 minutes off my time from last year, and managed to run well past that first hill that buckled me previously.

I followed up the run with a lovely bar-b-q with family and a Trivial Pursuit win! Top day all round! 
The riding to and from work is going well, the new bike is great.  Today I decided to go exploring on her, and managed to clock up almost 15km.  So am getting there building up some distance!

So that's two fun run's under my belt and January is almost over.  What are you planning for February?


1 comment:

  1. Tia .. Well done on cutting off 13 minutes off last years Run ... I wish I could be there to cheer you on ... you look drop dead gorgous(SP) So Proud of your efforts

    ReplyDelete